Results from Arvind Sawant
|Candidate Name||Party||Status||Votes Secured|
Mumbai South (Maharashtra)
|Party Name :||
|Father's Name :||Shri Ganpat Pandurang Sawant|
|Mother's Name :||Smt. Aashalata Ganpat Sawant|
|Date of Birth :||31 Dec 1951|
|Place of Birth :||Kumbhavade, Distt. Sindhudurg (Maharashtra)|
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Date of Marriage :||25 May 1982|
|Spouse's Name :||Smt. Anuya Arvind Sawant|
|No.of Sons :||1|
|No.of Daughters :||1|
|Educational Qualifications :||
Passed Jr. B.Sc.
Educated at Bhavan's College; Andheri, Mumbai
|1996 - 2010||
Member, Maharashtra Legislative Council
Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
|14 Aug. 2014 onwards||Member, Estimates Committee|
|1 Sep. 2014 onwards||
Member, Standing Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas
Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
|3 July 2015||Member, Sub Committee-II, Committee on Estimates|
Published a book, namely "BALKADU" (Compilation of his speeches in Maharashtra Legislative Council)
Literary Artistic & Scientific Accomplishments
Strong supporter of art and literature and had actively participated in drama during college days. Supports artists and their causes so that traditional art forms do not get lost. Has undertaken several projects through Marathi Literary Board.
Social And Cultural Activities
* Conducted “Blood Donation” Camps
* Provided aid to all the ‘Fayan’ (cyclone) affected fishermen.
* Provided nutritious food to 450 tribal children till they became healthy.
* As part of the environmental protection measure, provided 110 Gas Cylinders in ‘Balwadis’ and `Shegadis` of Mokhada Tal. (Tribal Tal.) Dist. Thane, Maharashtra
* Consistently distributed cloth, food supply to tribal people. Provided aid to flood affected people.
* As an active social worker, he has led many humanitarian teams during the crisis situations and natural disasters in Mumbai, Maharashtra and also at the National level.
Reading, listening to music (particularly old hindi and marathi film songs) and watching Cricket match.
Favourite Pastime and Recreation
Travelling, visiting sea shores and hill stations
Sports and Clubs
Cricket is his favourite game; also loves, Kabaddi, Kho Kho, Carrom and Swimming (diving & synchronised swimming).
China, Europe (England, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands) Malaysia and Thailand
* President, (i) Mahanagar Telephone Kamgar Sangh for the last more than 25 years (ii) Maharashtra State Transport Kamgar Sena (iii) MTNL Sthaniya Lokdhikar Samittee; (i) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Trade Union (ii) Employees of State Transport; Trustee, Shivai Trust
* As a champion of the working class, he succeded in making two outstanding wage agreements for MTNL employees without resorting to strikes or agitation and achieved a major demand of Govt. Pension to MTNL employees.
* He was conferred the “Best Orator” Award by the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association for his speeches in the Maharashtra Legislative Council.
Disclaimer: All efforts have been made to provide accurate data. However loksabhaelections.in & its owners do not own any responsibility for the correctness or authenticity of the same.
Source : Election Commission of India